Skip to main content
September 19, 2018 ...

News

• Hope you enjoy the new look of the forum.

Topic: Screws (Read 935 times) previous topic - next topic

• Blackbart42
  • [*][*]
Screws
All my screws are close to being stripped out. What should I replace them with to 1) ensure a good fit and 2) easily avoid stripping them again?

Specifically, I need to replace the screws on the head that hold the filament loading door closed right now, and I will need to replace the bed screws when I add elf foot clips, the long screws that attach the pylons to the head and the slides when I replace the pylons per @Grayed 's advice, and then the fine tuning screws on the slides eventually when I get sick of using pliers.

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Screws
Reply #1
We were discussing this before.
http://101user.com/index.php/topic,45.0.html

I think @Stenoxp had some thoughts on the filament door as well.

I am planning on using inserts to secure the screws.
I was looking at something like these ones. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302105414719

They come in 10's, 20's or 50's.
  • Last Edit: 22 Dec, 2016, 20:35:51 PM by Admin

• Stenoxp
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
All my screws are close to being stripped out. What should I replace them with to 1) ensure a good fit and 2) easily avoid stripping them again?

Specifically, I need to replace the screws on the head that hold the filament loading door closed right now, and I will need to replace the bed screws when I add elf foot clips, the long screws that attach the pylons to the head and the slides when I replace the pylons per @Grayed 's advice, and then the fine tuning screws on the slides eventually when I get sick of using pliers.

Senza titolo by stefano marcon, su Flickr

• Last Edit: 22 Dec, 2016, 21:25:38 PM by Stenoxp

• Blackbart42
  • [*][*]
Reply #3
You guys are the best

• Noodles
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
This mod needs to be pinned to the main board! I was honestly thinking about this the other day!