Skip to main content
December 11, 2017 ...
OpenID

News

• Hope you enjoy the new look of the forum.

Topic: temperature cannot go beyond 160c (Read 270 times) previous topic - next topic

• rivalor
  • [*][*]
temperature cannot go beyond 160c
hi guys,
i have been tinkering this printer for almost 2 weeks and still cannot get it to work,
the motor test and back home test file work just fine, but when i tried to print anything, be it from sd card or from cura, it just wont do anything
the fan works, the hot end heating up but only reach 160c and wont go even further (i have waited for around 1 hour)

any clue whats wrong about this printer?

• Ken_A
  • [*][*]
Re: temperature cannot go beyond 160c
Reply #1
Not an expert, but you could have a faulty heater.

Reply #2
my first step would be to set the temperature in the software without an SD card in the 101hero. this will show if its a problem with the gcode or printer. next would check look at the thermistor as it could be faulty and max out at a resistance related to 160c. after that would be the heater.

Reply #3
Just checking, you're using the power supply and have it turned on?

• rivalor
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
my first step would be to set the temperature in the software without an SD card in the 101hero. this will show if its a problem with the gcode or printer. next would check look at the thermistor as it could be faulty and max out at a resistance related to 160c. after that would be the heater.
thermistor is located in the head of the printer that has some kind of clear tape right? i have not open the clear tape, but physically it looks fine.
How do you ussually check the thermistor? (total noobs here)

Just checking, you're using the power supply and have it turned on?
Yes, i'm using the adaptor/powersupply that came from the box. Are you suspecting that the printer doesnt receive enough power?

Reply #5
Yes, i'm using the adaptor/powersupply that came from the box. Are you suspecting that the printer doesnt receive enough power?

It was a common problem that others tried heating up while only connected to USB - it heats up a bit but not to 190+

• rivalor
  • [*][*]
Reply #6
It was a common problem that others tried heating up while only connected to USB - it heats up a bit but not to 190+
out of curiosity, i tried to power on the printer using only usb and the result is...... it cannot even powered on the fan
LOL

• WCK
  • [*][*]
Reply #7
Traced my heater problem to the thermistor on the print head. You can disconnect it at connector H (red and back wires) and measure the resistance.  Should be about 100K, i think.  If it is 0 or completely open, you definitely have a problem.  I am trying to find the correct replacement.

• WCK
  • [*][*]
Reply #8
Traced my heater problem to the thermistor on the print head. You can disconnect it at connector H (red and back wires) and measure the resistance.  Should be about 100K, i think.  If it is 0 or completely open, you definitely have a problem.  I am trying to find the correct replacement.

Actually it is connector "G" for the thermistor.  Sorry about that.

• WCK
  • [*][*]
Reply #9

Actually it is connector "G" for the thermistor.  Sorry about that.

Bad day.  The connector is "E".  Really it is "E".

• rfray
  • [*][*]
Reply #10
I'm using the power supply that came with the printer and can't get it above 215 degrees C, and haven't had good luck with ABS because of that.

• rivalor
  • [*][*]
Reply #11
tried to change the power adaptor to 12V-5A
its heating up faster but still stuck at 160c and somehow the movement of the three motors become smoother

• rivalor
  • [*][*]
Reply #12
I tested it on connector E and it reads 105K