Skip to main content
June 27, 2017 ...
OpenID

News

• Please note: 101user.com is in no way affiliated with 101Hero. 101user.com is an unofficial user forum.

Topic: Small parts... melted pulp (Read 181 times) previous topic - next topic

• ralgor
  • [*][*]
Small parts... melted pulp
Hi everyone!

I am playing around over a month with the 101hero.  And it's getting frustrating more each day.

I am not able to print anything smaller than approx 20x20mm. If I try to print the 1cm cube, its more like moving pulp around.
- I have tried cooling with and without a 80cm fan next to the plate
- I have tried buildtek, blue tape and the yellow tape with came with the printer and I have tried just glass
- I have tried PLA at 190°C and 200°C
- I have tried PETG at 220°C and 230°C
- I have calibrated to 1-3 sheet of paper (tried 1 sheet, 2 sheets and 3 sheets) and I have even scratch the 1st layer in blue tape
- I have tried cooling towers... then I have two piles of pulp
- The filament is on a ball bearing stand... which I was fortunate enough to print on it... because no part was too small.

As soon as a layer has little printing array its getting disgusing... the shell is melted... the layers dissolve.

Any ideas what I can try... apart from throwing the 101hero in the trash and getting a decent 3d printer for more money... I want give my 101hero at least a last chance.

Regards

ralgor

• dkgof
  • [*][*]
Re: Small parts... melted pulp
Reply #1
Hi,

I had the same problem, small parts was more like a swirled pile of plast, than what i tried to print. But the fix for me was definately adding cooling fans to my hero.

I bought 3x 120mm pc fans, and a 12v power supply, as to not put any strain on the controller. Then wired the fans to the powersupply and put them around my hero one on each side. I then engage the fans as soon as the first couple of layers has bonded to the build surface.

Here is a photo of my setup:

I use a start temperature of 220 for the first layer, and then 190 for the rest. Ive had some pretty decent results like this.

Also i use a normal glue stick for very small prints, so the fillament sticks better to the surface.

Hope you get more luck with your hero!

• ralgor
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
Thanks ... I gonna check on much more cooling and mod the temp settings in the gcode.  I have to see how many fans I have lying around.  But most probably the problems with my 101hero result from having the orange one. (:

Regards

ralgor

Reply #3
Hi,

I had the same problem, small parts was more like a swirled pile of plast, than what i tried to print. But the fix for me was definately adding cooling fans to my hero.

I bought 3x 120mm pc fans, and a 12v power supply, as to not put any strain on the controller. Then wired the fans to the powersupply and put them around my hero one on each side. I then engage the fans as soon as the first couple of layers has bonded to the build surface.

Here is a photo of my setup:

I use a start temperature of 220 for the first layer, and then 190 for the rest. Ive had some pretty decent results like this.

Also i use a normal glue stick for very small prints, so the fillament sticks better to the surface.

Hope you get more luck with your hero!

I like the Lego Construction! Nice idea!

• ralgor
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
Now I was able to print a 10x10x10mm cube.  I have used my 80cm fan, 140% flow, 200°C, 10mm/s and 1,2mm shell/top/bottom.... andt tadaaa.... minimum layer time of 30s with cool head lift.  But look at the top of the 20mm cube... it the top layer has large holes.

And as you can see in the other prints right after, the layers don't really stick and I have already holes in the bottom layer. I am already at 140% flow... should I try more... cure is warning me not to use more then 150%.

Regards

ralgor

Reply #5
I think I have the same problem. I finally got to work the printer BUT it seems that the small pieces melt.

My configuration is Cura 15.2.1 with the profiles of 101hero.com and the filament is the one that cames with the machine.

Others says that the plastic is very bad (I think the same) but at least it should print something decent right?

The one of the left is without a 120mm spare fan I had. The one on the right is with the fan functioning.
The model is http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2208469 scaled to 25mm tall
  • Last Edit: 30 Mar, 2017, 08:29:23 AM by Pacocrator