Skip to main content
June 27, 2017 ...
OpenID

News

• Hope you enjoy the new look of the forum.

Topic: Fine calibration by leveling the glas plate  (Read 275 times) previous topic - next topic

• ralgor
  • [*][*]
Fine calibration by leveling the glas plate
Hi everyone,

well I still find the calibration of the 101hero more the annoying.

So would it make sense to fine calibrate it by leveling the glass plate on three points close to the pillars?  Or to do we get problems with prints and the Cartesian calculations?  That way we simply put the head in each z=0 position close to the pillars and screw the plate up to head.

But I don't have quite an idea to design it.  The best would be three holder for the plate each attached to a base mounted on the lower triangular base close to the pillars of the 101hero.  The problem is, that we can only lift the glass plate for 5mm otherwise we get a problem with the end stops (with removed calibration screws).

Does anyone have a clever design idea?

Regards

ralgor

• Ken_A
  • [*][*]
Re: Fine calibration by leveling the glas plate
Reply #1
the biggest problem I can see with the solution is that whatever you use as the new bottom on top of the triangle base would have to be really thin.  don't know what you could use that was thin enough, and strong enough to support the glass during printing.

• ralgor
  • [*][*]
Re: Fine calibration by leveling the glas plate
Reply #2
Maybe this is a solution...

If we don't have enough space on top of the triangle base, then we put it underneath.  Here is my idea...
  • three bases which hold each a M4 nut are fixed with four M3 inner hex head screws (their heads are the only things on top of the base plate... they have 3mm head hight) between the pillars
  • through each of the bases and the base plate we put a  M4 screw from underneath; there is a large wheel attached to the hex head and fixed with another nut or with epox
  • the M4 pushes the glass plate up... and you can operate it with the large wheel with reaches over border of the baseplate... the larger the wheel is, the less torque you need to operate and the finer you can set it
  • now we have to hold the glass plate from atop... for that we need something like a lever or beam to press the glass plate down... it could be held through one of the screws for the base, which has to sit outside of the glass plate perimeter
  • ideally the beam/lever has to press down in the place where M4 screw presses to reduce strain on the glass plate
  • ideally the beam/lever is as short as possible to reduce strain on it self
  • ideally the beam/lever can be turned aside to easily remove the glass plate
  • finally some kind of guidance for the glass plate is needed, that it is always held in the right X-Y position

Too much text... too less pictures?  Maybe I have some time to make creepy looking design of it. (:

And of course a design constraint is.... it has to be printable. (:

Regards

ralgor