Skip to main content
October 19, 2017 ...
OpenID

News

• Hope you enjoy the new look of the forum.

Topic: Hero on the way? (Read 199 times) previous topic - next topic

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Hero on the way?
Got an email from 101hero today saying my printer would be dispatched this week.
They also mentioned that they are have a few supplier issues so that may account for the further delays people are experiencing.

• saczeke
  • [*][*]
Re: Hero on the way?
Reply #1
Got an email from 101hero today saying my printer would be dispatched this week.
They also mentioned that they are have a few supplier issues so that may account for the further delays people are experiencing.
Was curious if you backed on Kickstarter or Indiegogo and what backer number you were.  I only ask because along with yourself and many many others who have waited and waited and (in more cases than not) continue to wait, I too am still waiting.  In the interim, I was thinking that using the difference between what our backer numbers were that I might be able to get some sense as to when, if ever, a printer may show up on my doorstep.

I figure that receiving something for my money has got to be better than receiving nothing.  At this point, I figure the most I can hope for is that what I finally receive is less of a P.O.S. than what I'm expecting.  In which case, this would actually exceed whatever expectations I may have....in much the same manner that the zero expectations that I had for the movie 'Cool as Ice' (starring Vanilla Ice) were exceeded when I finally watched the movie.  LOL
  • Last Edit: 08 Mar, 2017, 08:49:24 AM by saczeke

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #2
I am an Indiegogo backer and my number was around 1600.

I received an email from Zoe at 101Hero on Sunday night to confirm some delivery details so I assume that it's currently enroute. ..........fingers crossed.

Reply #3
looking at the difference in time between email and delivery for me it was just under a month. i am located in the USA to help figure out shipping times.

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4
DHL emailed me today with a notification that my Hero is enroute. Waybill has it originating in Singapore for some reason.ETA is Tuesday  :)

Of course I'm busy all the way until Thursday  >:(

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5
Another DHL update, package is in Leipzig, Germany.  

Athe least it's in Europe now...
;)
Looks like I should get it on schedule. 

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
Got it this morning, 24 hours faster than the tracking information estimated.

Got caught for customs fees, don't really mind that. ......... It's the €14.50 DHL charged for "administration" that annoys me.

Anyway I was sent a green one. I'll stick up a few pictures when it's assembled

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #7
Here it is. 
Getting it calibrated nd printing is next..

Ran the motor tests and home in files. No issues apparent. A bit noisy going up but smooth going down. Heater is working as well, getting up to 200 with no issue.

The extrusion is a bit slow but ill figure that out soon enough.

• BobC
  • [*][*]
Reply #8
Did you build your 101Hero by following the "generic" instructions, or did you add steps to improve the build?  (Such as squaring up the top, bottom and pylons.)

What mods have you added (or are planning to add) to your 101Hero?  (Such as rubber bands on the arms, new motors, etc.)

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #9
I assembled the unit from the base up.
When I was securing the top and bottom plates I used the same method as you would on an engine head, tighten opposites and work in  circle. That stops the bed being pulled out of shape (hopefully)

I have a few mods in mind but for now I'm just going to assess it's performance as a piece of stand alone engineering. The engineer in me appreciates the work that has gone into this printer. It's has a lot of potential as a design, I just feel that it may have been done an injustice with some of the decisions that were made.

• BobC
  • [*][*]
Reply #10
Got mine a week ago, put it together, now I'm afraid to turn it on because I think it's already broken.

Two of the tower slides are tough to move, but the third slides effortlessly, which to me means the motor is missing some gears.

I think I'll wait until my new replacement motors arrive.

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #11
@BobC that's a pity,  I would still be trying it though, at least you'd know then what needs attention.