Skip to main content
December 14, 2017 ...
OpenID

News

• Hope you enjoy the new look of the forum.

Poll

Will you take M3D up on their offer?

• Gee wilikers! Sign me up!
  • Heck no!
  • I would rather the M3D Pro.

Topic: M3D Micro BACKER RESCUE! (Read 221 times) previous topic - next topic

• Noodles
  • [*][*]
M3D Micro BACKER RESCUE!
So M3D seems to be trying to capitalize on the failings of Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns for 3D printers. They will be selling their M3D Micro for $100 less than their normal price. If you want to read more, check out the link.

http://printm3d.com/backer-rescue/

I am curious as to how many people will actually take them up on their offer. I know a lot of us in the forum are tinkerers and want to work on this thing until it works, but I know a lot of people also wanted to get their feet wet in 3D printing. I know I was one of those that wanted to get my feet wet, but I also like tinkering. I am debating it especially since M3D has stepped up their game on the customer service front (customer service? what is that?!). Although I wish the discount would go toward their M3D Pro (although that is not widely available yet, they are still working on pushing that out).

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: M3D Micro BACKER RESCUE!
Reply #1
I don't think that the 101Hero would come under this offer as they have delivered and are continuing to deliver units to both their kickstarter and Indiegogo backers.

While the quality and consistency of the units is questionable,  at least they are sending out products to backers.
I think this M3D offer is actually in relation to the likes of the peachy printer and others where it is unlikely that the backers will ever see any type of product......

• Noodles
  • [*][*]
Re: M3D Micro BACKER RESCUE!
Reply #2
I don't think that the 101Hero would come under this offer as they have delivered and are continuing to deliver units to both their kickstarter and Indiegogo backers.

While the quality and consistency of the units is questionable,  at least they are sending out products to backers.
I think this M3D offer is actually in relation to the likes of the peachy printer and others where it is unlikely that the backers will ever see any type of product......

While I would agree with you that the 101hero is being sent out and the most are in working order, there are those that got broken printers and are having issues talking to the crew behind our printer. I only inquired about the discount with M3D and received a code.

There are two things I like about the Micro:
   - Customer Service (which I knew it would be amazing if we had gotten this with the 101hero)
   - Plug and Play

I am not saying that I did not like the ability to build my own printer and tinker with it, but I am new to 3D printing and the level of frustration for me has reached the point of just wanting to be able to print something. Thus why I inquired, but I still have not pulled the trigger on the code.