Skip to main content
December 14, 2017 ...
OpenID

News

• Please note: 101user.com is in no way affiliated with 101Hero. 101user.com is an unofficial user forum.

Topic: CAD programmes  (Read 338 times) previous topic - next topic

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
CAD programmes
What are your preference for creating your files?

Do you use OnShape or fusion360 or something else?

I haven't used CAD software for years and the last programme I used was autocad.
I've been messing around with OnShape and fusion360 but haven't really gone to deeply into them as of yet.

Re: CAD programmes
Reply #1
OpenSCAD.

Reply #2
I am currently learning OnShape ... I like the fact that it is all online and the Tutorials are really helpful.
I am not good at this stuff but my gear, besides the Villian includes:
Monoprice Maker Select, Select Mini, and an Anet A8 w/P3Steel frame
Also considering: CTC 3D

• RCole
  • [*][*]
Reply #3
I like the huge variety of materials for OnShape and that they provide closed captioning and, in some cases, transcripts of the tutorials.

When I need to do something complex and/or quickly, I use Blender 3D. I've been using it for years for modelling, so I know the program.

• ralgor
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
I am using freecad... it's sometimes quite annoying but it does its job to get decent and printable stls... and its free.

Regards

ralgor

• Ken_A
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
I use Blender. It is also free, and I'm comfortable with the interface.
Anything I want to do and cannot remember, or have not done before - there is a webpage or video instruction for. :)

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #6
I've decided to go with fusion360. I like the control interface and it's powerful enough for my needs.

Reply #7
OpenScad if you're a programmer and want to generate parameterized models

Fusion306 otherwise

OnShape is nice, but being always-on is a bit of a drawback. Would be nice to be able to design something "in the field" without having to need a fat internet line.