I followed this tutorial to get set up but Cura defaults to a print speed way to high for the 101Hero. I opened up some for the gcode files supplied on 101land and they all use 14mm/s at 200c and 0.2mm layer height. I think the 101Hero tops out at about 14mm/s so moving any faster can result in missed steps. The kicker is the travel speed needs to be set to 14mm/s as well, and the Cura default is like 200mm/s or something crazy like that. Using the Cura defaults I ended up with failed prints and plastic all over, with some layers shifted 10mm or more. I think this was because of the very high travel speed resulting in missed steps. With settings at a max speed of 14mm/s I get much better, successful, prints. I think we could play with temp and layer size a bit and find an optimal setting.
Page created in 0.142 seconds with 19 queries.