Skip to main content
June 22, 2018 ...

News

• Please note: 101user.com is in no way affiliated with 101Hero. 101user.com is an unofficial user forum.

Topic: Problem with extruder heating (Read 1078 times) previous topic - next topic

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Problem with extruder heating
Reply #15
That's interesting.  I wonder could that account for hotend having trouble getting heat into them. If the current transfer is interrupted or interfered with due to heat expansion or a contact problem that could affect the temperature the hotend is able to generate

Reply #16
its possible, but my opinion unlikely. the spring holding it all together has some serious tension in it. but always possible

Reply #17
i have taken my hotend fully apart, verified the plate position is identical to the picture. the hotend itsself is the current transfer to the second ceramic heater plate. i can post pictures if needed.
Thank you. I'll try to make out the hotend and clean the contacts

Reply #19

Reply #20
have you tried a higher amp power supply? might not be giving enough power to the unit.

Reply #21
have you tried a higher amp power supply? might not be giving enough power to the unit.
I have original power supply. It work perfectly with 3d pen.

• Bucky208
  • [*][*]
Reply #22
I'm using a new 7Amp power supply instead of the orginal 3amp, but the hero is still having problem to reach 210°C.
Any tips what could be wrong?

Reply #23
I'm using a new 7Amp power supply instead of the orginal 3amp, but the hero is still having problem to reach 210°C.
Any tips what could be wrong?

I'm using now a new 8 Amp power supply. Now shows the heating up to 158 degrees
  • Last Edit: 24 Apr, 2017, 12:33:16 PM by controller

• itomailg
  • [*][*]
Reply #24
I'm using a power supply of 24v 9A and the heating up to 245 degrees

the power of 24v only is for the hotend.

To hero101 I'm using the power of hero101

Reply #25
I could not solve the problem with heating. I put the hot end  J7.
 It heat up with a standard power supply

• BobC
  • [*][*]
Reply #26
DO NOT TRUST the 101Hero temperature indication!  It reads about 15C high in my printer.

Always do a customized temperature calibration tower for every filament spool, and be sure it covers the full range from "over-cooked" to "under-extruded".