• A and B
    0 (0%)
  • A and C
    1 (9.1%)
  • B and C
    0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: 21 Jan, 2017, 21:26:31 PM

Topic: SO, you've got stripped motors (Read 1451 times) previous topic - next topic

SO, you've got stripped motors
If you've got a stripped motor, let us know which one(s)
Mine is B only

Re: SO, you've got stripped motors
Reply #1
There's obviously only 2 of us in the minority here... whoever posted their C only failed motor, please message me....

Assuming the motors I get in from China work, you're going to get a freebie motor!

FOR Future poll entries, I'll try and do a giveaway of a free motor for those entering their poll info
  • Last Edit: 29 Dec, 2016, 05:09:22 AM by BigFloppy

• Fredz
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
Aren't all the A, B and C stepper motors identical ?

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3
Aren't all the A, B and C stepper motors identical ?

As far as I know they are, I think the op is referring to which Pylon the motor has failed on.

Reply #4
All the motors do seem to be perfectly identical apart from the actual sticker annotating A, B or C

The original intent of the post was to get a feel for if there were more of any single pylon failing than others which could actually be fed back to 101Hero as it could likely indicate a true manufacturing line issue (ie it is quite possible that there might physically have been 3 separate lines involved in the manufacturing of the motors)...

SO, if there were a propensity of B failures, it could well be traced back to a raw targetable manufacturing issue

• RCole
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
All three pylons on mine were physically different. One had a "J" shaped slot for the wires to run through. One had a large notch at the top for the wires.
I would be curious to find out if all of the pre-stripped motors had something in common like the same manufacturing line, the same shift, the same person working on them. Why one pylon and not others?

Reply #6
WHO WAS FIRST PERSON TO ENTER DATA INTO THE POLL - SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE PLEASE

• 3DVol
  • [*][*]
Reply #7
I know the poll is over, but mine came with a stripped motor and it was Pylon B.

Reply #8
Same, here... came with a stripped motor, pylon C. :-(

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #9
@3DVol @krothschild , there are a few ideas on replacing/upgrading the motors. Hopefully you will get a solution here somewhere.

Reply #10

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #11
@strepfen the ratio looks good. The drive shaft will be too short however so that will need some sort of modification. Also the wiring may be wrong so you will have to check that as well.