Skip to main content
November 13, 2018 ...

News

• Please note: 101user.com is in no way affiliated with 101Hero. 101user.com is an unofficial user forum.

Topic: Extruder problems (Read 587 times) previous topic - next topic

Extruder problems
Problems, problems, problems, and more problems. It's very clear that you get what you pay for, and the 101hero is no exception. A problem I'm having is printing files that aren't from 101land. I upload to the SD card, plug it in, etc. But when the print starts, the filament does not come out for a few layers. When it finally does, it oozes out in an uneven stringy mess. I've tried adjusting the distance between the nozzle and the glass platform, but alas, it still makes a mess. This is a major issue. If I let it keep printing on the globs of filament, it will ruin my entire print. Anyone else having this problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated :)  

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Extruder problems
Reply #1
You may need to use some code to prime the nozzle. What sliceslice are you using. Make sure it's inserting code to stop the print bebeginning before the plastic is up to temperature. 

Reply #2
I'm using cura for slicing my files. The nozzle is definitely hot, It just seems that the plastic isn't coming out soon or consistently enough.

Reply #3
Try connecting the printer to the USB port, only if you have the DV version, and print from the CURA to USB
To me with windows 10 it detects it without putting drivers in the COM4 and to 115200 connects of wonder
As soon as it generated the gcode and passed it to the SD card, it spoiled
I also downloaded the configuration indicated in the 101hero page for CURA
Good luck!

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #4
You may be having issues with the driver motor in the extruder.
Is the roller bearing putting enough pressure on the filament to drive the plastic properly 

Reply #5
You may be having issues with the driver motor in the extruder.
Is the roller bearing putting enough pressure on the filament to drive the plastic properly
Seems to work fine to me. I think it might be an issue with print speed or something similar. But a "minor" problem is that I don't know how to adjust printing speed on cura. I'll try to figure it out.

Try connecting the printer to the USB port, only if you have the DV version, and print from the CURA to USB
To me with windows 10 it detects it without putting drivers in the COM4 and to 115200 connects of wonder
As soon as it generated the gcode and passed it to the SD card, it spoiled
I also downloaded the configuration indicated in the 101hero page for CURA
Good luck!
I haven't plugged my printer directly into cura yet, but It's worth a shot. The SD card does seem to have it's issues. Thank you so much for the advice! I'll hook it up and give it a try. By the way, I'm praying that it's not much of an issue, but I use a mac. Maybe this changes something?
  • Last Edit: 31 Jan, 2017, 02:58:21 AM by From hero to zero

Reply #6
I think I found my problem. It was so simple, I didn't even think about it being the source of my misery. The nozzle was too far away from the printing platform. I'm trying a test print now to see if I've calibrated it properly, and hopefully I have. Thanks for the tips!