Skip to main content
October 17, 2018 ...

News

• Registration is now closed.

We have an alternative forum at makenhack.com

Topic: SD card holder housing... (Read 447 times) previous topic - next topic

SD card holder housing...
I made a little housing for the SD card holder PCB. The housing is made of two shells, a bottom shell (connector side) and a top Shell (SD cover). There are two variants of the top shell, a standard cover and a cover with a cut-out for a 14 pin header (which could directly soldered on top of the PCB connector to connect a LCD and a rotary encoder).
The shells are screwed togehtehr with M2,5x16 screws. therefore the top shell has 2,6mm holes and the bottom shell 2mm holes where the screw thread cuts in.

The models are created and meshed with FreeCAD and sliced with Cura.

The attachment contains the STL model files, the Cura ini-file and the ready-to-use g-code files. The overall travel speed is 8mm/s to get a good accuracy. It could be, that the shell has to be reworked (flatten edges, cut artifacts, drill the holes, ...) to make the PCB and shells fitting perfect.

Have fun...

Edit: Attention! It seems the 101hero mirrors the parts for any reason. No problem for the standard shells, but at the LCD-shell, the cutout is printed on the left side instead of the right side, I don't know, if this is a common problem or only a problem of my printer. I did't recognized this because all parts i printed where symetrical or the symmetry did't care (eg. figures).
So the workaround is to slice the shell again with Cura and mirror the X axis. -> Solved! Had to swap the two pylons in X axis...
  • Last Edit: 10 Feb, 2017, 08:56:13 AM by TheBartman

Re: SD card holder housing...
Reply #1
I made a little housing for the SD card holder PCB. . .

Cool, thanks very much!  Toni

Reply #2
Edit: Attention! It seems the 101hero mirrors the parts for any reason. No problem for the standard shells, but at the LCD-shell, the cutout is printed on the left side instead of the right side, I don't know, if this is a common problem or only a problem of my printer. I did't recognized this because all parts i printed where symetrical or the symmetry did't care (eg. figures).
So the workaround is to slice the shell again with Cura and mirror the X axis.

Are you sure you built your 101Hero correctly? This is usually a sign of swapped pylons - if something is mirrored to what you see in Cura, swap any of the 2 pylon connectors (both motor drivers and endstops)

Reply #3
Yep, the pylons on the X-axis were swapped  ;D