Skip to main content
October 23, 2018 ...

News

• Hope you enjoy the new look of the forum.

Topic: Put It All Away (Read 379 times) previous topic - next topic

• RCole
  • [*][*]
Put It All Away
I finally gave up on the 101zero. Even with 3 new motors and a 10 Amp power supply, it did not work. It could move each pylon individually, but not all 3 at once. I think there are some serious issues with the controller. Not to mention that, even with good lubrication, half of the bearings stick and don't slide easily. It would cost too much to fix up.
So... I packed it back into its box and put it under my workbench.

I have a Prusa i3 MK2 on the way anyway.

• Ken_A
  • [*][*]
Re: Put It All Away
Reply #1
I think you will find that a $700 printer works a bit better than a $100 printer.
The 101 hero is a great thing to get someone who isn't sure if they want a printer, or for your kids.
you should make sure it works before giving it as a gift tho. :)

Reply #2
I have a Prusa i3 MK2 on the way anyway.
I haven't had those Problems, but was very unsatisfied with accuracy and linearity....ordered a Wanhao Di3 V2.1...

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3
@RCole sorry to hear that. Have you thought about parting it out. I have seen some people looking for parts over on Facebook.

Reply #4
Would be fun trying to troubleshoot it a bit, see if its salvageable. and if all individual parts work if a simple ramps replacement would work with no further replacement of parts.
lots of stuff theoretically possible to ressurect it, but question is, is it worth it.

you should be really happy with the prusa i3 mk2, have heard those are really great machines

• RCole
  • [*][*]
Reply #5
Yes, I considered parting it out. There is one good bearing out of the six. Probably can't part that out. Two good original motors though and 3 new Maintex motors. The extruder works - that might be worth something.
I had really hoped there was some way to get it working, but even adjusting the output current was insufficient help.