Skip to main content
September 22, 2018 ...

News

• Please note: 101user.com is in no way affiliated with 101Hero. 101user.com is an unofficial user forum.

Topic: Hello from Colorado (Read 286 times) previous topic - next topic

• bouncey
  • [*][*]
Hello from Colorado
My name is Charlie.  I'm in Colorado near Littleton.  My university degree is in electrical/computer engineering.  Work experience is in programming and information security.  For the past several years I've been a full-time stay-at-home dad who makes iOS apps for fun and occasional profit.

Our 101hero arrived a few days ago.  We already have a Printrbot Simple Metal.  It's great when it works.  But then it became a clog-o-matic due to a bit of dust on the filament, then the hot end quit heating up at all, then the new upgraded hot end needed some serious calibrating and there wasn't enough time with the holidays etc.  Somewhere along the way I ordered a 101hero as a spare printer.  Sure, for the price it's probably not all that great, but what the heck.  Backup plan for when the Printerbot goes on strike again.  Plus the delta tower design is kinda cute.

Today I got the new printer all put together.  Hint for newbies: get an extremely bright flashlight and shine it at the wiring diagram on page 7 of the quick start guide.  Look very closely and you'll see that the blue dots have faint white letters inside.  They match the letters taped to the wires.  If you're over age 30 you might need a magnifying glass too.  Mine had two of the letters crossed out and something resembling the letter J hand written next to each.  No apparent reason.

Now to load a test file.  Um.  Several minutes later the cooling fan is running but nothing else is happening.  Where'd I put that USB cable...

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Hello from Colorado
Reply #1
Welcome along to the forum. Hopefully you get it all working

• bouncey
  • [*][*]
Re: Hello from Colorado
Reply #2
Yeah, I just got it to start moving by replacing the old 16 MB MMC with a 16 GB SDHC.  It's a step in the right direction.