Skip to main content
August 15, 2018 ...

News

• Please note: 101user.com is in no way affiliated with 101Hero. 101user.com is an unofficial user forum.

Topic: The layers do not print straight. (Read 350 times) previous topic - next topic

• lobo14
  • [*][*]
The layers do not print straight.
Hello there!!

Yesterday I got my new 101hero and I've been calibrating the machine with the test file (the star).

After that, I've tried to print this figure: http://www.101land.com/p427614299/h4079f9e7#h4079f9e7

A very simple one. The printing process starts well, layers are going well. but them, they start to go inclined, and the final result:

Any ideas on how can I fix that?

Thanks in advanced :)

Re: The layers do not print straight.
Reply #1
either one of your motors are slipping. or more than likely one of the bearings is a bit sticky. see if you can work the bearings up and down the rods. possibly try to work some grease into them.

• lobo14
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
either one of your motors are slipping. or more than likely one of the bearings is a bit sticky. see if you can work the bearings up and down the rods. possibly try to work some grease into them.

Hi workshoptinkerers. Thanks for your answer.

You mean if I can move the bearings up and down the rods with my hands? Making some pressure I can move them.

Maybe while I was assembly the printer I removed some grease from the rods with my hands??

Reply #3
yes, move them up and down with your hands, if possible remove the timing belt so it slides freely. not everyone has received good bearings and some need work to slide cleanly

• lobo14
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
Thanks for your answer.

I've removed the belt. Here is a video of the bearing sliding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxWNLNVCOF0

I didn't put any extra grease on the rods. Do you think it slides well or I'd need to put some grease?

Now, it seems a bit difficult to put the belt back in place hehe

Thanks.

Reply #5
That is sliding very well, are all three the same? next once you put the belt back on see if it is rubbing against the frame. you can adjust the gear on the stepper to try to move it away from the frame if needed.

patience is the best thing for putting the belts back on, can be aggravating but you can get it.

• lobo14
  • [*][*]
Reply #6
That is sliding very well, are all three the same? next once you put the belt back on see if it is rubbing against the frame. you can adjust the gear on the stepper to try to move it away from the frame if needed.

patience is the best thing for putting the belts back on, can be aggravating but you can get it.

Thanks for your answer workshopthinkerers.

I tried with some extra grease and another printing, but it seems kind of the same...

I don't know what else I can do :/ it's a bit frustrating.

Reply #7
Take a look at the pictures in this thread http://101user.com/index.php/topic,228.msg1296/mentionread/mark,read/c3b7b11b7,b8fd80fb8678f14dfeb971ca2551fecc/item,268.html#msg1296
The last reply he made he had three pictures of the bearing. check to see if you have the same problem.