Skip to main content
July 21, 2018 ...

News

• Registration is currently closed.
    If you wish to register please use the contact form.

Topic: Need help. I think... (Read 164 times) previous topic - next topic

• Erwin
  • [*][*]
Need help. I think...
I just put together the printer. To say that the instructions are lacking doesn't even begin to cover it, but I think I got there.
Not sure wether the tape is supposed to be on the bottom or top of the glass plate, but I've played around with both.
I've use the three clamps to stop the plate from moving around. I don't know if that's what they're for.

But then, I've tried printing the test hexagram a few times, but all I really get is, well, a mess. And I'm not technical, I have no clue where the problem lies. Something isn't working, but I don't know what to look at.

I also don't think I'll be able to switch colours. The screws that came with this aren't great, but on of the screws in the loader door is, well, screwed. No longer a plus hole, just a round hole. I didn't get it all the way in, but now I can't do anything with it anymore.

Re: Need help. I think...
Reply #1
okay to answer your questions. Tape goes on top of the glass so the plastic should hopefully stick to it, though i personally recommend using gluestick instead.
the clamps are for holding the glass plate still.
switching colors you are supposed to remove the screws, which most of us have found strip really quick, there are several solutions to the problem if you look around.
and the mess, its most likely that you need to adjust the leveling screws on the printer, if its to low and rubbing the screw in the upright closest to that place needs turned in (clockwise) so that pillar comes up a bit. if its just extruding in midair or not sticking to the bed then the screw needs lengthened (counter clockwise) so bring the print head down.

• Erwin
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
In that case, I can't tell wether to go clockwise or counter clockwise, and which ones need adjusting. After getting messy results I already played around with them, but not getting anything better.

Reply #3
post a picture of the print after its finished, a few of us can help you get started.

• Erwin
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
I threw it out and I'm not at the printer right now. But imagine just dropping a piece of thread, and the jumbledness that'll look like.

Reply #5
okay, so that would be way to high, you might need half to a full turn of each screw out (counter clockwise)

once you start testing again take a picture to post. will also be able to let you know if you have anything setup wrong on the print bed. doesnt sound like it, but its possible.

• Erwin
  • [*][*]
Reply #6
I... also don't have anything to take a picture with.

Reply #7
ah, that would be more tricky yes.

• Erwin
  • [*][*]
Reply #8
Well, after many more tries (already starting to run out of filament) I got bit of a spiderwebby star with gaps...
I'm starting to get my fill of this thing.