Skip to main content
July 17, 2018 ...

News

• Registration is currently closed.
    If you wish to register please use the contact form.

Topic: Pre purchase jitters (Read 158 times) previous topic - next topic

• Pasta221
  • [*][*]
Pre purchase jitters
Greetings, I have been looking into buying the 101Hero but have some questions I have not quite been able to find answers for. I am new to 3D printing and want to know if the 101hero can accept 3D files from other web sights and formats other than the 101 model sight, and can the dv version act like the consumer version just only using a SD without using a pc at the start. I also was wondering, as an apprehensive buyer, is there any return policy or compensation for damaged or unworking part. As a final question how long, say purchased today, does a dv version take to send. not ship but get sent to shipping.  Thank you for answering my noob questions.
~Pasta221

Re: Pre purchase jitters
Reply #1
Don't buy a 101Hero if you are new to 3D printing.

Get a simple RepRap from a Chinese reseller (Anet, Anycubic, ...) - these are way easier for newbies to build and get decent prints out of them. Stay away from delta printers as a first printer.

• Pasta221
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
Thank you for your input but im still looking for answers to my questions. I will look into your suggestion.

Reply #3
answer your question. yes it takes 3d files from other sites, you just need to slice and then name the file correctly. yes SD version same as DV with just SD card, highly recommended to get DV though. no return policy and havnt heard of anyone successfully getting replacement parts for units received damaged. people are still receiving printers they bought through the kickstarter and indiegogo champagnes back in 2016 so if you order one today who knows when you will actually get it.
i also second the get a different printer comment, these printers are rather low quality and no garuntee they will work

• Pasta221
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
Thank you. I will take all your information into consideration.