Skip to main content
September 18, 2018 ...

News

• .stl, .gcode and .123dx files can now be uploaded as attatchments

Topic: My 101 hero stopped reading my sd card (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

• sbucher
  • [*][*]
My 101 hero stopped reading my sd card
Hi,
I got my printer a couple weeks ago. I've had reasonably good luck with it, a number of prints that came out ok.
However, this morning in the middle of a print it just stopped. It doesn't seem to read the sd card any more and I've been using the same card since I got it.
I can still print ok within simplify 3d that's what has me believing the problem is the sd reader, think I tried all the usual stuff, Any ideas?
Thanks...

• itomailg
  • [*][*]
Re: My 101 hero stopped reading my sd card
Reply #1
You could format the card

Maybe it's corrupted.

• sbucher
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
I already tried that. formatted as fat 32. but as I said the printer finished the first layer than just stopped even tried another card,same thng.
I think the reader stopped working?

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3
@sbucher It's possible that the spring contacts have worn. A number of people have had to use elastics or similar to get the sd card reader to actually read their cards. Check the internal contacts would be my advice.

• sbucher
  • [*][*]
Reply #4
I tried various things.When I put the card in the slot it's spring loaded and locks when you push in it releases. I think that's how it should work and it always has.
It stopped working in the print process,I'm just not sure what else to try. The socket seemed tight on the board. Does anyone know where to get a replacement sd reader that has the proper socket?