Skip to main content
October 17, 2018 ...

News

• Hope you enjoy the new look of the forum.

Topic: Hello everybody ! (Read 444 times) previous topic - next topic

• Boule
  • [*][*]
Hello everybody !
Greetings from France, we're I've just received my 101...
Hope that with the help of the community, this little printer will be useful :)

Best wishes for this new year ! ;D

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Re: Hello everybody !
Reply #1
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find plenty of useful information here.

• Boule
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
Thanks form the Welcome message !
Just finished my very first print, a small 2cmx2cm cube. Not horrible, but absolutely not cubic. In fact, First adivse : ignore the default yellow tape provide ! This is too slippery. Better results achived with some printer paper !
Next, I already tweaked some parameters in Cura 15.02.1 in order to get some better result. But the next test prints looks twisted, the cube is "spirally shaped" ...My guess is that the printer arms are not perfectly aligned (we need real 90° angles between arms and base plate) so I will try to adapt some additionnal adjustable bars positionned in diagonal, in order to have something more accurate and rigid. Will see if results are better.
Seems that I already have some weaks in motors. These motors seems to be VERY fragile, so it's better to never left them move manually ! IMHO, every motor move should be performed programmatially, never manually. BTW, I have issues with Cura to pilot directly the motors. Not sure if I use the right tool, but when I was in front of smething looking like a control pannel, with arrows buttoms and return home buttons, despite I'm correctly connected with USB link, none of my manual Marlin commands were effective...Am I missing something ?

More feedback to come later.
Cheers

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3
Have you checked that the pylons are square to the Base and to each other. If they are out of line that could cause the twisting that you are talking about, as the print head would move off centre as it climbed the pylons.

If you stick this post into troubleshooting, you will probably get more answers, the introduction threads don't get as many views.
  • Last Edit: 27 Dec, 2016, 08:46:34 AM by Admin