Skip to main content
May 21, 2018 ...

News

• Please note: 101user.com is in no way affiliated with 101Hero. 101user.com is an unofficial user forum.

Topic: Start/Stop gcode scripts (Read 966 times) previous topic - next topic

Start/Stop gcode scripts
Does anyone have a good start/stop script for the 101Hero?

If it goes down over the 0/0 origin, there is a big chance of creating a blob of extruded filament underneath the model.

I'd love some script that moves the head to 100/100 when going down and probably extruding a bit of filament, and then moving a bit to clean the nozzle.

The MakerGear M2 script from simplify3d does something similar, it even extrudes a blob over the edge of the build plate and then moves the nozzle over the edge to automatically clean it off.

• Last Edit: 27 Dec, 2016, 12:37:13 PM by brandstaetter

Re: Start/Stop gcode scripts
Reply #1
I tried some things that I thought would work, but I crashed the head into the glass plate and tore up my Scotch tape...

• Admin
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #2
Ouch, hope there was no other damage. I'll have a look into it later but it would probably be easier to create a small sacrificial 'print' to one side of the build plate, just before you start your main print.
Just a thought.

Reply #3
I agree, althought I don't have the gcode handy.
It would definitely be easy enough to extrude say 3-5mm off to the edge of the build plate before printing.
This will also help to prime the nozzle so that it's R.T.G. for your actual print.

• PScipio
  • [*]
Reply #4
Bumping the thread in hope of an update.

Alternatively, if someone can point me in the direction of tinkering with scripts I'd be happy to play around with it (note: I'm a total noob.)  :-[

Reply #5
here's a gcode cheat sheet to help you...

https://thingiverse-production-new.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/87/b0/2c/f5/4c/CheatSheet.pdf

Note that the stock/original 101hero firmware, does not allow for all gcode commands to be used.

If you have the DV model, you can open repetier and issues the commands, and see the feedback from the controller. If you have have the CV model, you'd have to make a file with the gcode command you want and then see what it does, you aren't able to see the feedback from the controller.

Your mock script should be something along the lines of...
-home all axis
-move hotend off to the side of platform
-heatup hotend and wait to print commence

I'd also recommend printing your model with at least a skirt or a brim. It's a great way to "prime" the hotend and make sure your filament is flowing thru your nozzle. More info about skirts, brims, and rafts can be found here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/articles/rafts-skirts-and-brims/
  • Last Edit: 15 Jan, 2017, 22:57:53 PM by DigitalWhitewater

Reply #6
This is my current start script:

Code: [Select]
G21
G90                     ;absolute positioning
M82                     ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107                    ;start with the fan off
G28                     ;move home
G0 F800 X0 Y50 Z0.1     ;move to an edge of the build area
G92 E0                  ;zero the extruded length
G1 F200 E3  X0 Y45      ;extrude 3mm of feed stock
G1 E-0.5 Z1             ;retract a bit while wiping the extruded blob off
G92 E0                  ;zero the extruded length again
G1 F{travel_speed}
  • Last Edit: 16 Jan, 2017, 05:48:05 AM by brandstaetter

• Bucky208
  • [*][*]
Reply #7
M107 or M106 S0 isn't working on my here, the tiny fan keeps spinning. Doing something wrong? (S3D)

Kind regards

Reply #8
M107 and M106 both are for part cooling fan, which unless youve added one the 101hero doesnt have. the little fan on the hotend needs to run 100% of the time or issues happen. most Gcode includes fan control instructions though due to the majority of machines actually having part cooling.

• Bucky208
  • [*][*]
Reply #9
Hmm any chance you could add this and control it with software (S3D), now i'm using a fan but its always 100% on and manual controlled. (Going offtopic)